Saturday, June 20, 2009

DINO 2009 Race #3 - Frank Park, Fort Wayne

Although I don't show up on the results (the person running the computer missed me as I was riding by but the backup didn't), I did end up 25th overall for Cat3 men, 12th out of 14 for my age group.

As usual, the second half of the race is always my better half.  There are several short but somewhat steep climbs on the trail that, if you're not ready, will require you to get out of the saddle and hike it.  Basically, the first lap I had to hike it, the second I was able to stay in the saddle.

Overall, I thought the course was really nice.  It's been a very wet Spring in Indiana but the trail, except for a few soft spots, was very nice.

Since the family and I will be on vacation, we won't be attending race #4 at Muscatatuk Park.  But we will be at Versailles State Park for #5. 

No comments: